It is not easy to imagine living in a world that does not have the convenience brought about by e-mail. This partly explains why millions of people from all over the globe have turned to e-mail services like Yahoo Mail. Here we try to explain to easy ways to set up and download yahoo mail accounts.
Set up a Yahoo Mail account
Having a Yahoo Mail account is both free and easy. All you have to do is visit Yahoo!’s website. Register for a Yahoo account first by giving the required details. After that, you can now proceed to setting up the Yahoo Mail account. Here are the steps to follow.
- Go to info.mail.yahoo.com. When there, click on “Sign up now” option.
- Sign up using your Yahoo account sign-in details. If you do not have a Yahoo account, sign-up for one.
- Next, choose an ID name for your Yahoo Mail account. This is the name that will be showing whenever you send instant messages or emails.
- Choose a suitable security question. It is the question you will be required to answer whenever you forget your password. So, make it a question you will easily remember.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail at mail.yahoo.com. Enter the required sign-in information and you will be at the home page in no time.
- Just underneath the “Sign In” option, you will see a box that allows you to stay signed in to your account for about 2 weeks. Reduce the number of sign-ins if need be. However, just to be on the safe side, do not check this box.
- When you are through, sign out.
Convenient Yahoo Mail tools
Convenient tools for this software are the tools that save you some time and make it easy for you to use this system for e-mailing. Here are some of them:
Keyboard shortcuts: These help you do whatever it is you want to do faster. For example, if you want to create a new message, press “n”. If you want to print press “p”. Yahoo Help on the website has more awesome keyboard shortcuts for you.
Yahoo contacts: This has the functionality of an address book. It makes it easy for you to save information about companies and people in one page. The best part is that you can access that information anywhere through the web and even print out the information.
Security and spam: You can edit your security settings to have a more secure Yahoo Mail experience than the default settings. As for Spam, this software comes with a Spam folder where suspicious mail is sent. So, your inbox will not be filled with Spam messages.